Who Owns the Website?
Vermont JobLink is the output of a product called America’s JobLink and is owned by Vermont. America’s Job Link Alliance–Technical Support (AJLA–TS) maintains the Website and the product.
Vermont JobLink is providing this information as a public service, and the information contained within it is continually under development. Users of the Website should be aware that, while we try to keep the information on this Website timely and accurate, neither Vermont nor AJLA–TS checks the accuracy of all information contained on this website. While staff make every effort to correct errors brought to our attention, be aware that we do not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, or completeness of information entered into the Website. Vermont JobLink will not be liable for any damages of any kind resulting from the use of this Website, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
Vermont JobLink may discontinue, edit, delete, or change any aspect of the Website, including, but not limited to: (i) restricting availability times; (ii) restricting compatibility with certain computer software or hardware; (iii) restricting amounts of use permitted; and (iv) restricting, suspending, or terminating any user's right to use the Website, at Vermont’s sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.
Vermont JobLink hereby certifies strict adherence to Vermont Open Records Act. Therefore, the laws of Vermont will govern these disclaimers, terms, and conditions, without presenting any conflicts of law. Vermont JobLink reserves the right to make changes to this Website, the disclaimers and the terms and conditions at any time.
Linking and Third-Party Policy
Vermont JobLink provides links to websites that are not controlled, maintained, or regulated by VJL, or the Website, and as such, neither Vermont JobLink, nor AJLA–TS is responsible for the content of those websites. Use of information obtained from those websites is voluntary, and reliance on that information should be undertaken only after an independent review of its accuracy. References at those websites to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation or favoring by Vermont JobLink.
Your dealings with any third parties mentioned on or found through the Website are solely between you and such third parties, and are subject to any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings. You agree that use of third-party websites is at your sole risk and is without warranties of any kind by Vermont JobLink, expressed or implied, including warranties of title, fitness, for a particular purpose, and merchantability or non-infringement. Under no circumstances is VJL liable for any damages arising from transactions between you and third parties or for any information appearing on third-party websites or any other website linked to the website.
In the event you discover problems with or have concerns regarding the format, accuracy, timeliness, or content of a link to an external website, please contact the VJL help desk at email@example.com. The same will be reviewed by VJL and may be removed if necessary.
The Vermont JobLink logo, and other names used for VJL and products and services are trademarks/service marks of Vermont JobLink. Other products and company names mentioned on the Website may be trademarks/service marks of their respective owners.
The content organization, graphics, design, compilation, and other materials on or related to the Website are protected under applicable copyright, trademark, and other proprietary and intellectual property rights. The copying, redistribution, use, or publication by you of any such materials or any part of the Website, except as allowed by this agreement or applicable law, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document, or other materials viewed through the Website. You must keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices.
Vermont JobLink respects the intellectual property of others and asks you to do the same. VJL reserves the right, but not the obligation, to terminate your use of the Website if it determines in its sole and absolute discretion that you are involved in infringing activity, including alleged acts of first-time or repeat infringement, regardless of whether the material or activity is ultimately determined to be infringing.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Vermont JobLink and its affiliates and their respective officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits, or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or related to (a) any material posted or otherwise provided by you that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy, (b) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with your use of the Website; (c) any violation by you of this Agreement; and (d) any claims brought by other persons or entities arising from or related to your use of the Website, including information obtained through the Website.
In addition, any written notice regarding any defamatory or infringing activity, whether of a copyright, patent, trademark, or other proprietary right, should be sent to Vermont JobLink, listed above, and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of (1) the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or (2) the person defamed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online Website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Website.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, to be the subject of infringing activity, or that is claimed to be defamatory and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and/or email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or other proprietary right owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or on behalf of the person defamed.
Vermont JobLink reserves the right to accommodate and otherwise not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to protect their materials.
You are prohibited from using the Website in any way to do any of the following:
- Use the Website or any information or services related thereto for any unlawful purpose;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Website;
- post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national, or international law;
- post or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, including sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs, or rude or deliberately offensive comments or engage in disruptive activities online, including excessive use of scripts, sound waves, scrolling (repeating the same message over and over), or use viruses, bots, worms, or Trojan horses;
- access another person's or entity's materials, information, or files without the permission of that person or entity;
- post or transmit any information, software, or other material that violates or infringes the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
- post or transmit any information, software, or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component;
- post or transmit content that encourages or provides instructional activities about illegal activities, such as hacking;
- post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for advertising or commercial purposes;
- solicit other users to join, become Participants of, or contribute money to any online service or other organization, advocate or attempt to get users to join in legal or illegal schemes, or plan or participate in scams involving other users;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity;
- perform any activities that Vermont JobLink determines (in its sole discretion) may be harmful to VJL or other users of the Website.
Internet Security Statement
Vermont JobLink considers the security of our Participants and citizens' information critical. Documented steps are taken to safeguard information according to established security standards and procedures, and we continually assess the newest technology for protecting information.
Vermont JobLink is pleased to hear from users and welcomes your comments regarding the Website. If you submit any original creative ideas, suggestions, notes, concepts or materials (“Submissions”), they shall be deemed, and shall remain, the property of Vermont JobLink, and shall otherwise be subject to the provisions of this Agreement. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of VJL, and VJL shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. Without limitation of the foregoing, Vermont JobLink shall exclusively own all now known or hereafter existing worldwide rights to the Submissions of every kind and nature and shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the Submissions for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions.
This website is not intended for use by minors under the age of fourteen (14) and by using this website you agree that you are at least fourteen (14) years of age. If you have agreed to allow your minor child, or a child for whom you are legal guardian (a “Minor”), to use the Website, you agree that you shall be solely responsible for: (a) the online conduct of such Minor; (b) monitoring such Minor's access to and use of the Website; and (c) the consequences of any use of the Website by such Minor.
Export Control Information
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on the Website are presented solely to provide information regarding and to promote Vermont JobLink and other products and services available in Vermont. The Website is controlled and operated by VJL from its offices within Vermont. The Website is maintained by America’s Job Link Alliance–Technical Support. VJL makes no representation that materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use outside Vermont. Those who choose to access the Website from outside Vermont do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, to the extent that local laws are applicable.
This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in the state capitol, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Vermont (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action by you with respect to the Website (and/or any information, products, or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be barred. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be brought solely in the capitol’s county. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of said courts and consent to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with the applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Website is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall take precedence. Vermont JobLink’s delay or failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. The titles and subtitles used in this Agreement are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting this Agreement.