at CBRE in Montpelier, Vermont, United States
UX Researcher (Remote)
Areas of Interest
Digital & Technology/Information Technology
Remote – US – Remote – US – United States of America
The real estate industry is undergoing significant and exciting change, increasingly driven by data and technology. At CBRE, the world’s premier commercial real estate services company, we empower teams to take ownership over that technology and shape it, offering both nimble, research-driven product design and the resources of a Fortune 500 business. We approach culture with intention, valuing camaraderie, collaboration, inclusivity and a healthy work/life balance. The user experience team is passionate about the quality, usability, and simplicity of the experiences we create. Individuals in these roles gather these key user insights, and then use them to inspire and inform product strategy and design solutions. We partner closely with each other, engineering, and product management to create innovative, usable, great-looking products.
We’re looking for a User Experience Researcher to join the UX Team in Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) to help support CBRE as we work to expand our internal and client-facing (web and mobile) applications across the globe. The ideal candidate will have experience taking ownership of the user research process and how it integrates into the larger product team. This person will be part of an agile team, influence technology decisions across the organization, and help deliver solutions to world-class, global platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for designing and executing research using various qualitative and quantitative methods that address business questions and further understanding of our customers and end-users.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working end-to-end in all aspects of user research (design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
• Working closely with cross-functional teams to help them identify and prioritize their research needs
• Conduct usability testing of tools, apps, and other experiences.
• Occasionally running interviews remotely with APAC countries
• Translating research findings, requirements, and business/user needs into relevant, simple, elegant, and powerful UI Experiences
• Actively monitoring and analyzing research, data, and trends from internal sources, academic research, and industry published reports to inform and improve our product and research methods
• Presenting and communicating research clearly and effectively across various stakeholder groups
• Creating stakeholder/client deliverables such as research summary reports, presentations, visual maps (e.g. journeys, workflow diagrams, affinity diagrams)
• Running sessions and workshops to gather, synthesize, and analyze group (e.g. affinity mapping session to gather UX team input on user interview sessions)
• Actively manage our in-house participant management system
• Be a user-centered design evangelist within our organization
• Performs other duties as assigned by UX leadership
• Curiosity and interest in how people work and solve problems
• Experience in gaining active end-user input into the specification, design, and implementation phases through interviews, usability studies, and other observational methods (web analytics, remote logging, remote unmoderated tests, etc.) as well as quantitative methods such as surveys and tree testing
• Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems, and recommend solutions
• Eagerness to continually learn, develop your skill set, and improve the craft of UX research
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results. Errors in judgment may cause mid- to long-term impact to coworkers, supervisor, department and/or line of business.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in a related field. Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction or a related field is preferred. Typically has a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience. Consideration given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Draws upon the analysis of other researchers and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Proficiency in relaying user research methods, creating reports and presentations to illustrate insights, and facilitating research-related activities (including recruiting users). Proficiency in industry-standard user research tools. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, SharePoint)
CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the position is $85,000 annually and the maximum salary for the position is $110,000 annually. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBRE’s applicable benefit program.
CBRE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations, as needed, throughout the job application process. If you have a disability that inhibits your ability to apply for a position through our online application process, you may contact us via email at email@example.com or via telephone at +1 866 225 3099 (U.S.) and +1 866 388 4346 (Canada).
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)