at Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vermont, United States
Performs a variety of functions in the dining room area to ensure that all food items are available to the students and that the area is neat, clean and attractive. Keeps various workstations stocked throughout serving period. Continuously cleans serving area and dining room throughout meal periods. Maintains accurate count of students served and cash collected if assigned to the checking station.
- Sets up the dining hall for each meal, i.e. food in serving containers and utensils in servery area.
- Ensure serving areas are pleasing to the eye.
- Responsible for Ingredient listing of the menu and salad bar items, including identifying & labeling indicated allergen information.
- Replenishes food items as necessary.
- Cleans serving area after each meal and restocks dispensers and other supplies. May stock beverage areas.
- Stocks various items including bread, fruits, desserts, etc., during meal and in preparation for future shift.
- Constructively occupies time between meals.
- Updates kitchen staff on student counts.
- Maintains attractive presentation of all food
- If assigned to the checker station, the employee must maintain an accurate customer count as well as enter charge codes and/or account for any cash taken in.
- Performs a variety of functions in the dining room area which may include:
- Keeps workstations and surrounding area well-stocked and organized.
- Maintains attractive and clean serving lines, , cleans dining room tables.
- Answers students’ questions in a polite, courteous manner.
- Must comply with uniform/Dress Code
- Must follow sanitation guidelines.
- In the absence of the dining room supervisor may be required to provide training for new staff members in proper safety and sanitation procedures and in the operation of dining room equipment such as beverage machines, toasters, frozen yogurt machine, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned to assist the department in obtaining and maintaining its mission.
No previous formal education required. Prefer some training in food service and high school diploma.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have knowledge of food sanitation standards and be aware of safety procedures.
- Must have knowledge of Dining Room equipment i.e, beverage machines, frozen yogurt machine, etc.
- Some cashier experience preferred.
- Food service experience preferred
- Must physically be able to lift 10-20 lbs. numerous times each day and up to 60 lbs. frequently, including full milk crated into a milk cooler above waist level.
- Also must be able to lift full glass racks and coffee racks above waist level.
- Requires frequent and repetitive bending, reaching, twisting and turning. Requires frequent walking and long periods of time standing.
As an employee of Middlebury College, you will enjoy being part of a vibrant supportive community.
Middlebury Colleges offers its employees excellent compensation and competitive health, dental, life, disability, generous retirement matching, and vision benefits, Middlebury offers a generous time-away program – up to 34 days per year during the first two years of service, increasing as the term of service lengthens. Middlebury employees are eligible for robust educational assistance programs as well as free or reduced rates for cultural events and use of sporting facilities (including the College’s golf course and Nordic and alpine ski area). The result is a very high quality-of-life in a gorgeous setting.
Come join us and be a part of our team!
+ Excellent Health Benefits choose between an Low Deductible PPO or a HDHP with employer HSA contributions up to $2,000 dollars a year
+ Flexibile Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Healthcare)
+ Core Life and AD&D
+ Short Term Disability
+ Long Term Disability
+ Combined Time Off (CTO): 26 days of paid time off a year for vacation or sick days in the first 2 years. 31 days of CTO after
+ Holidays: Floating Holidays throughout the year as well as Paid Holiday from Christmas through New Year
+ MiddCard Privileges: access to athletic facilities, discounts at the College store, library privileges, and discounts at cultural and sporting events. In addition, the card allows door access to certain campus buildings. Spouses or domestic partners of benefits-eligible employees are eligible to receive a Spouse/Partner card with the same privileges as the employee card (except door access).
+ Discounts on season passes at Middlebury College Snow Bowl, the Ralph Myhre Golf Course and the Rikert Ski Touring Center
+ Professional Development Funds,
+ Continuing Education Benefits for Employees and Tuition Benefits for their dependents.
+ And more…To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account