at CDM Smith in Barre, Vermont, United States
CDM Smith currently has an opportunity for a Project Manager with 10+ years of previous consulting experience managing Superfund CERCLA remedial mining projects or environmental related mining projects. The position will serve as the main point of contact for the day-to-day implementation and management of projects supporting Federal agency contracts and assisting with business development activities.
For more information about our Project Management roles, tools and culture, please visit this website https://bit.ly/2UC8V16.
In this position you will have responsibility for the following:
• Managing scope, schedule, and budget for task orders supporting environmental investigation and remediation contracts for Federal government clients including EPA, USACE, and or DOD.
• Assisting client service leaders with technical marketing including proposals and meeting clients
• Building and maintaining positive working relationships with key decision makers in Federal agencies.
• Preparing detailed statements of work with associated work breakdown structures.
• Assessing potential project risk and outlining risk mitigation solutions.
• Ensuring adherence to company and project management policies, procedures, and practices.
Senior Project Manager – Federal Remediation Services
ENT Delivery – EPA
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• 10 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Previous experience managing Federal projects, preferred experience on sites located in Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa or Missouri dealing with large-scale residential or mine sites impacted by historic mining activities.
• 7+ years of related experience including managing projects and tasks for Federal agencies including projects with the following scope: remedial investigation, feasibility study, risk assessment, post-RI/FS support including proposed plan and Record of Decision support, remedial design, and remedial design/ remedial action oversight support.
• Experience interacting with Federal agency Program Project Officers, Contracting Officers, Remedial Project Managers, and technical staff.
• Professional engineering license if degree is in engineering or other professional certification/registration if degree is other than engineering
• Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering, environmental science or related discipline, however a master’s degree is preferred.
• Experience working with and managing subcontractors.
• Experience working directly, and ongoing relationships, with Federal agencies.
• Previous business development experience including preparation of proposals and cost estimates for Federal agencies.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.