at CDM Smith in Montpelier, Vermont, United States
We are currently seeking an Environmental Engineer to support a wide variety of environmental projects utilizing innovative PFAS treatment technologies. This candidate will provide engineering services to federal, state, and municipal agencies and industrial companies, focusing on design and implementation of PFAS treatment technologies for water, wastewater, groundwater, and soil. This candidate will also support ongoing research and development in site characterization, remediation, and treatment strategies and technologies, and support CDM Smith’s marketing and business development related to leading-edge PFAS characterization and treatment. The preferred candidate will perform well in a task leader/task manager role and have a desire to advance their career as either a project technical leader, project manager or discipline leader.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith’s mission by:
• Performing engineering design for environmental projects, including preparation of drawings, specifications, calculations, and other design deliverables, and developing operation, maintenance, and monitoring plans.
• Performing studies to evaluate and document potentially feasible treatment alternatives and applicable technologies to address PFAS contamination.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of innovative PFAS treatment technologies and applying these findings to develop treatment alternatives for projects
• Supporting PFAS Site Remediation, with focus on the proper application of technology related to PFAS site characterization and remediation, growing our technical capabilities within the discipline, fostering staff development, and assisting in sales.
• Working with local and national technical teams in the areas of site characterization, engineering design, PFAS treatment, and emerging contaminants.
• Coordinate work with multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and scientists, designers, draftsmen, and technicians to successfully design and implement innovative technologies.
• Collaborating across multiple technical practice areas to leverage PFAS research and development activities for expanding and growing the firm’s PFAS capabilities in environmental remediation, drinking water, wastewater, and biosolids.
• Support marketing and business development efforts related to PFAS site characterization and treatment.
• Ensuring that firm policies and required practices are followed in all project work.
• Learning task/project management techniques and the CDM Smith management system.
Environmental Engineer 6
Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
Professional engineering (PE) license.
10 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Demonstrated experience with design, implementation, and optimization of treatment technologies for PFAS and other emerging contaminants.
Knowledge of research and development programs and funding sources (e.g., WRF, SERDP, ESTCP).
Working knowledge of Federal and State PFAS regulations.
Experience with implementing pilot tests and construction of pilot systems.
Direct experience with the implementation operation, maintenance, and monitoring of water treatment/remediation systems, especially experience with the direct implementation of designs developed by the candidate.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert Knowledge of computer assisted design and drafting (CADD) 3D and 4D software and practices. Expert Knowledge of engineer principles of design. Expert Knowledge of Microsoft business software (excel, word, etc.). Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Expert knowledge of federal, state and local regulations.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant’s criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities andTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account