at NEKCA in Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, United States
Northeast Kingdom Community Action (NEKCA) services the three counties in the heart of Vermont’s Northeast Kingdom. This region is known for rolling mountains, spectacular views, and some of the most beautiful lakes in North America. Outdoor recreation thrives here in the Kingdom, including cycling, skiing, hiking, golf, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, and four-wheeling.
NEKCA’s staff consist of a hardworking team dedicated to the clients we serve while supporting one another in the work that we do.
The Director of NEKCA’s Children, Youth and Family Programs is a community-based leader whose primary duties are ensuring quality service delivery by oversight of NEKCA’s Children, Youth and Family Programs and staff working in Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans counties.
The Director is responsible for overseeing the planning, implementation, management, supervision, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of client services and programs which include Parent Child Center (PCC), Children’s Integrated Services (CIS), First Home, Family Supportive Housing (FSH), Supervised Visitation, Developmental Understanding Legal Collaboration for Everyone (DULCE), Head Start Liaison, Youth Advocacy and Services.
The Director provides agency leadership and representation in the community and maintains concurrent programmatic, data and impact, and budgetary reporting responsibilities.
The Director is responsible for the planning of new initiatives, securing resources to implement new initiatives, as well as maintaining the ongoing operation and evaluation of existing programs. The Director exercises a high degree of independent judgment and decision-making. The Director is part of the agency’s Sr. Management team.
- Develop and direct the programs within the Children, Youth and Family Programs services with a commitment to excellence, quality improvement and data driven decision making.
- Provide community leadership and representation around early childhood initiatives and family-based services within NEKCA’s Children, Youth and Family Programs; collaborate internally within NEKCA and with agency partners and state and federal policy makers.
- Review and establish effective program procedures and policies. Implement effective systems, program procedures and policies designed for maximum positive impact for NEKCA participants and the communities where they reside. Demonstrate program success with quality data and regular reporting to Executive Director, Sr. Management Team, Board of Directors, Grantors and Office of Economic Opportunity.
- Monitor fiscal operations including development, authorization for purchases and fund obligations, and working with the Finance Office on monthly expenditures, and timely required financial reports, in accordance with established standards and procedures including those required by funding sources.
- Prepare appropriate grant applications as needed and oversee development of related program contracts and required program evaluations. Ensure that all programmatic and reporting guidelines for funding sources are followed.
- Conduct long range planning for program operations and identify possible sources of funding for continuation or expansion.
- Maintain positive program relations and advance advocacy efforts with key community stakeholders, including town governments, legislators, non-profit or state or federal agencies, and appropriate private sector businesses and organizations.
- Represent the agency in the broader community initiatives such as committees, task forces, working groups and partnerships that advance NEKCA’s ability to serve participants and enhance our mission.
- As a member of the NEKCA Agency Sr. Management Team, engage in cross sector organizational strategic planning, holistic problem solving and policy development. Support and enhance workplace culture of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
- Provide supervision and oversight to the managers and staff within the Children, Youth and Family Programs in areas including recruitment, onboarding, training, supervision strategies in accordance with NEKCA’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all managers and staff are trained and able to perform all functions within their programs and ensure professional development of managers and staff.
- Conduct and monitor supervision and performance evaluations, follow up and monitoring of employee related work performance concerns and disciplinary actions.
- Pursue educational opportunities and training that further professional growth and development within the position and the department.
- Participate in intra-agency efforts to promote cooperation and communication with other NEKCA programs and Leadership Team including team building activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.