at NEKCA in Newport, Vermont, United States
JOB TITLE: Head Start Substitute Positions
LOCATION: Albany, Gilman, Hardwick, Island Pond, Lyndonville, Newport and North Troy
FULL-TIME/PART-TIME/SITE BASED/HOME BASED: Intermittent; Site Based
HOURS PER WEEK/WEEKS PER YEAR: Intermittent
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: PERMANENT / TEMPORARY / INTERMITTENT: Intermittent
BENEFIT PACKAGE: No
SUPERVISOR: Center Manager / ADDITIONAL DIRECTION FROM: HS Director
EXEMPT / NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
HOURLY RANGE: $12.55
DEPARTMENT: CFDP PROGRAM: Head Start
All employees are subject to a 6-month Trial Service Period.
NEKCA Mission Statement
To empower all generations in the Northeast Kingdom to grow, prosper and thrive.
Substitute Teachers: – Work as a member of the Center team, providing a safe, nurturing environment for children’s development and growth – physical, emotional, social and cognitive. Participate in carrying out classroom routines and activities in compliance with HS Performance Standards, Vermont Child Care Licensing Regulations for Center Based Child Care and Preschool Programs and the NAEYC Code of Professional and Ethical Conduct.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must comply with NEKCA policies if hired.
- Staff will be required to authorize and pass NEKCA’s criminal record check process
- Staff is required to be completely vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to starting position
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working with young children or education in Early Childhood preferred
- Successful completion of Volunteer/Substitute Training course preferred
- Upon hiring, successful completion of Fingerprinting, staff physical, training/certification in pediatric First Aid and infant and child CPR, Vermont Orientation Training (online) and Child Abuse and Neglect Training (online)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Work effectively as a team member
- Maintain confidentiality