at VERMONT COUNTRY STORE in Rockingham, Vermont, United States
The Floor Supervisor / Key Holder is responsible for directing and coordinating activities on the sales floor relating to personnel, merchandising, and inventory control. The Team Leader ensures that all job functions are being performed efficiently and effectively, and provides a shopping experience for our customers that exceeds expectations through sales floor product merchandising and "extra mile" customer service.
Strength lies in our differences. Together the possibilities are endless.
A Sampling of What You’ll Do
- Supervise sales floor staff including making necessary changes to the posted work schedule, training new staff, providing feedback, assigning staff within their departments to given tasks and ensuring those tasks are performed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Assume the responsibility of Floor Manager, which can include opening and closing of the store, as well as covering other departments as needed.
- Appropriately manage and document employee or customer relation issues as they arise, often mediating conflict for a positive outcome.
- Regularly engage employees and customers in a personal way to ensure an exceptional shopping experience. Develop and carry out ideas for customer engagement and product demonstrations.
- Have a high level of product knowledge and passion for assigned departments, serving as “product expert.” Monitor in-store inventory levels, making recommendations based on sales reports and information. Ensure products are merchandised appropriately and correctly replenished.
Who We’re Looking For
- 2-3 years retail experience and/or buying experience
- High School Diploma and some College
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for VCS product and respect for our customer and their needs
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Positive, team-oriented attitude and manner
- Ability to prioritize work in multi-discipline environment
- Excels in supervision and leadership of direct reports
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer functionality and e-mail, as well as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Who We Are
A family-owned company that continues to grow and thrive, The Vermont Country Store is a multi-channel business that has been operating in the Green Mountains of southern Vermont for the past 75 years. We are a growing business with deep, well-established roots offering a unique work environment in a rural setting. As the purveyors of the practical and the hard to find, we stand behind all our products with a 100% guarantee.
What You’ll Love About The Vermont Country Store
- Onsite wellness center including free wellness visits and programs
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance offered to full time employees, including $500+ employer HSA/HRA contribution
- Winner of Governor's Excellence in Worksite Wellness Award
- 401K retirement program with a 3% guaranteed contribution, plus employer matching, and potential profit sharing
- Contributions to the cost of childcare
- Company paid life insurance & short and long-term disability coverage
- Voluntary benefits including additional life insurance, VOYA insurance (accident, hospital, and critical illness)
- Numerous philanthropic programs including paid volunteer hours and matching charitable contributions
- Potential for quarterly bonus
- Onsite fitness facilities at most locations
- Generous employee discounts at our retail stores, Yankee Surplus, and online
- And many more!
We like to say that the strength of The Vermont Country Store is in its people, so come join us!