at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Workforce Readiness Institute in Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States
Medical Assistant II- Hypertension-Nephrology
Lebanon, NH, USA
Total Views 5850
Responsible for clinical duties such as taking vital signs, giving injections, performing simple diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site.
Not certified through AAMA or AMT, or not eligible to sit for AAMA or AMT certification? Are you interested in becoming certified and gaining the clinical skills to become a Medical Assistant within Dartmouth Health? Visit the WRI athttps://dhwri.orgto learn more about paid training leading to certification or email@example.com.
1. Greets, checks in patients, and notifies appropriate provider. Prepares patient, room and equipment for procedures and exams.
2. Takes and records vital signs. Informs provider of patient vital signs and concerns.
3. Recognizes and treats emergency patients as a priority, assists with patient examinations and treatments.
4. Handles patient situations over the phone, schedules appointments and procedures with medical professionals. Understands limitations in dealing with patients over the phone, and involves nursing staff and providers.
5. Register new patients and establishes a medical record.
6. Prepares patient billings.
7. Assists patients by filling out insurance and other forms.
8. Supplies authorized information upon request by third party payors.
9. Instructs patients in preparation for specific procedures.
10. Collects and processes routine laboratory specimen.
11. Operates and maintains clinical equipment.
12. Maintains and uses aseptic technique including sterilization, disinfection and disposal of contaminated material.
13. Cleans, wraps and autoclaves instruments. Cares for supplies and equipment.
14. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
+ High school graduate or the equivalent required.
+ 1 year of medical/technical experience desired.
+ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
+ Proven work experience with the public.
+ Strong computer ability desired.
+ Applicant must be honest, dependable, able to multi-task, and be detail oriented.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
+ BLS required within 30 days of employment.
+ Certified Phlebotomist, ASCP preferred.
Not certified through AAMA or AMT, or not eligible to sit for AAMA or AMT certification? Are you interested in becoming certified and gaining the clinical skills to become a Medical Assistant within Dartmouth Health? Visit the WRI athttps://dhwri.orgto learn more about paid training leading to certification or firstname.lastname@example.org.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account