at MMIC in Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, United States
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Sr. Mechanical Engineer shall use engineering principles, leadership, and management skills to guide the Engineering group in its mission to provide efficient solutions to continuous improvement objectives, new product development, and support of the Company’s customer service mission. The priorities of this position are to meet design objectives on time, within budget, and at the highest level of quality.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain an active leadership role in the engineering department, through team collaboration, coaching, project management, and technical consulting.
- Responsible for the management and coordination of assigned projects and design tasks as directed by senior management.
- Responsible for working with team members to develop product and system requirements and specification.
- Responsible for executing detailed designs (design and specification of required components/raw materials) and releasing fabrication/layout prints to the manufacturing floor or suppliers.
- Responsible for taking decision making role in engineered design selection
- Follow company procedures for new product development, design and design change per company ISO standards.
- Responsible for the management of the company’s engineering design and data management software and use of best practices.
- Support and facilitate the company’s continuous improvement program.
- Ability to create, interpret, and present design reviews outlining requirements, concepts, pro/con assessments, analysis, ROM (rough order of magnitude) costing, and design risks.
- Support manufacturing personnel during fabrication of issued designs and make changes for functionality and performance as necessary.
- Provide site layouts, system and equipment specifications, technical support, and product technical troubleshooting to other company team members as needed.
- Develop appropriate Statements of Work for vendors and subcontractors regarding engineered solutions.
- Work with other team members to meet client and company objectives in the development of company’s platforms and/or products.
- Provide technical support and product technical troubleshooting
REPORTS TO: Director of OperationsTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account