at Public Consulting Group in Montpelier, Vermont, United States
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide-all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm has four designated practice areas with extensive experience in all 50 states, clients in six Canadian provinces, and a growing practice in Europe. Often combining resources from two or more practice areas, PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to solve their challenges or pursue opportunities. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
• Provide Stable, Secure and Efficient IT Operations for the Hybrid Cloud environment.
• Support day to day operations on core ITS services: DNS, SSL, SFTP, SMTP, Print, Data Protection, Monitoring, Patching
• Develop and manage IT cloud infrastructure including capacity planning, and cost management
• Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility
• Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT cloud infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to, and resolve problems affecting cloud systems performance, efficiency, and availability
• Contribute to an environment that emphasizes trust, open communication, creative thinking & cohesive team effort
• Author and update technical documentation, runbooks, ops guides, and presentations when needed
• Manage multiple cloud accounts and support audit, compliance requests
• Participate in on-call rotations
• All other duties as assigned
• Experience with Cloud technologies, and Infrastructure-as-Code.
• Expertise with full Microsoft stack including AD, DNS, DFS Namespace, Windows Servers.
• Strong troubleshooting skills to resolve issues & perform root cause analysis to ensure defects are engineered out of the environment
• Experience with Configuration Management tools
• Excellent organization, time management, problem solving, & analytical skills
• 4-year degree or an equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, and experience
• 3+ years of experience as a systems engineer working in Azure or AWS IaaS environments.
• 3+ years of experience with Systems/Infrastructure Configuration Management tools, such as Microsoft Configuration Manager, CloudFormation, Azure Policy
• 5+ years of experience as a systems engineer supporting Windows Server OS
• Working knowledge of compliancy standards and frameworks: ITIL, SOC1, SOC2, NIST, ISO 27001
• Azure / AWS Associate Level
• Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
• IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v.3
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.
Job Locations US-TX-Austin | US
Posted Date 2 months ago (5/23/2022 1:20 PM)
Job ID 2022-8125
\# of Openings 2
Category Information Technology
Type Regular Full-Time
Practice Area Corporate ITS
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account