at Astronics in Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States
Production Assembly (LSI)
About the Organization Astronics Corporation (Nasdaq: ATRO) serves the world’s aerospace, defense, and other mission critical industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. Astronics works side-by-side with customers, integrating its array of power, connectivity, lighting, structures, interiors, and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years, Astronics has delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today, global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers, and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
We offer our breadth of technology solutions and services through 11 subsidiary business units and numerous award-winning product brands. Serving our customers is our first priority, and every day we honor this mission with quality, partnership, and energetic global vision.
Astronics Subsidiary Astronics Luminescent Systems Inc
Job Title: Production Operator
Department: Direct- Manufacturing
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Salary Grade: 1-3
AAP Classification: Manual Workers
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Revision Date: February 1, 2021
Astronics LSI is looking for production assembler across our manufacturing departments. Come join a dynamic manufacturing team assembling lighting and panels for our aerospace customers.
We offer a 9/80 work schedule where you can have every other Friday off with a slightly longer work day throughout the remaining week days. (NO WEEKENDS!!) New Hires are subject to a 90 day probationary period with our staffing partner. If completed successfully you will be offered a full time role with benefits the first of the month following your conversion date. Your probationary period will focus on attendance, quality, quantity, and LSI’s core values (Teamwork, Passion, Continuous Improvement, Integrity, and Enduring Relationships.)
EMPLOYEES MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19
1st: 6:25 am to 3:55 pm
Essential duties and responsibilities
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties performed. Employees occupying this position will be required to follow any other related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
• Read, learn, understand and interpret safety rules, work instructions, blueprints, compliance documents, etc.
• Able to understand a variety of measuring devices (e.g. rulers, eye loop, digital scale, thickness gages etc.).
• Adhere to all safety policies, procedures and work with required PPE (gloves, safety glasses, smocks, steel toed shoes)
• Soldering proficiency & an understanding of the process
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment according to maintenance plans and established procedures
• Practice problem solving and troubleshooting techniques as part of a team responsible for realizing continuous improvement to products and processes
• Inform management of any issues, malfunctions or equipment defects
• Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement
• Cross train to other departments as needed
• Other duties as required to support the needs of production
• Notify management of problems in production.
• Order supplies from stock.
• May position and align parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
• May crimp, stake, screw, bolt, rivet, weld, solder, cement, press fit, or perform similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
• May conformal coat using either Polyurethane or UV conformal coat.
• May be required to perform in all painting processes; including pre-paint, paint, and post paint areas.
• May mount assembled components, such as transformers, resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets on chassis panel.
• Connects component lead wire to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
• Installs finished assemblies or sub-assemblies in cases/external hardware.
• Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs, and switches to assemblies.
• Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as de burring, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, and impregnating parts assemblies.
• Tends machines that press, shape, or manufacture parts from raw materials.
• Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
• Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
• This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The successful candidate will be able to display proficiency in the below tasks, as well as be expected to gain and excel in a variety of processes and procedures.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Exceptional hand-eye coordination and dexterity to deal with handling and manipulating materials and parts
• Ability to focus on the task at hand and pay attention to details
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively and professionally interact with others in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
• Previous team assembly experience desired
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Due to federal contract obligations, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
This position has no supervisory responsibilities, however as successful associates train their peers via on the job/peer to peer training. Excellent and participative communication skills are rewarded at LSI.
This position has no travel requirements.
Able to read, write and comprehend English instructions, correspondence, memos and specifications must be able to effectively communicate with a team of people. Must be able to be part of a team.
Must be able to effectively communicate instructions to team(s). Must be able to be responsible role model for all employees in the company. Must be willing to be a leader in the area(s)/department(s) and also work in a team environment with peers.
Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, common fractions and decimals.
Production employees are assigned a computer and should be proficient in turning it on, navigating Windows, completing forms in a web browser, searching and reading electronic documents, using email and chat, completing a timesheet and more.
Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Possess the ability to identify problems, deal with them, and work towards a solution.
Physical Demands *
The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reachTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account