at Meta in Montpelier, Vermont, United States
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Facebook Reality Labs AR/VR team at Facebook is helping more people around the world come together and connect through world-class Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality hardware and software. With global departments dedicated to AR/VR research, machine perception, graphics, operating systems, social interaction, and more, we are committed to driving the state-of-the-art forward through relentless innovation. AR and VR’s potential to change the world is immense.We are seeking Engineering Manager’s for our Embedded and Operating System Teams. The ideal candidate has proven design and build skills, passion for low level-systems software, and hands on experience with working on Operating systems at the lower layers.
1. Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
2. Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional hardware and software engineering teams
3. Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for regular assessment and improvement
4. Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
5. Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
6. 3+ years of work experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
7. 3+ years experience managing and growing software engineers
8. Experience in handling priorities and collaborating across an organizational environment
9. Experience delivering applications or system frameworks
10. Experience in Windows, Linux, MAC and/or Android
11. Experience with embedded processors architecture and boot mechanism, interrupt priorities, and configuring peripherals
12. Experience with software design and programming in C/C++
13. Experience with hardware debugging, clock-level issues, bridges, delays, interrupts, clock gating, polling, power consumption, etc.
14. Experience with embedded DSP and CPU architectures
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.