at American Meadows in Fairfax, Vermont, United States
Commitment: January - May (opportunities for year-round, full-time employment at end of season)
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:30pm
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Please submit your resume if interested in joining our hardworking team. We will be in contact with you to conduct a brief phone interview first.
- All employees working at American Meadows must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Masks will be required if an indirect exposure to COVID-19 has occurred.
- Staff will be required to get tested for COVID-19 if a direct exposure has occurred.
- We will take your temperature upon entering the building and a daily health screening is required.
- Do not enter our facility if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 and pending test results, are currently confirmed positive for COVID-19, or have been in close contact with anyone who has confirmed positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
Do you belong among the wildflowers? What about wildflower seeds? American Meadows has been supplying wildflower seeds to gardeners for over 30 years! All of the order fulfillment for our flower and vegetable seeds happens right here in Fairfax, Vermont and we're looking for seasonal assistance for the fall season!
WHO YOU ARE & WHAT YOU’D DO
It’s our highest priority that our customers receive quality products, their orders are 100% accurate, and they’re delivered on time. We will rely on you and your colleagues to ensure that every order meets our quality standards, that each item is well-packed and ready to ship out on time. Help us make it the very best experience!
We are looking to hire an enthusiastic and motivated individual with an interest in working within the gardening industry, here in our warehouse. The primary duties include picking and filling bulk seed orders and individual seed packets. This is a great opportunity for you to increase your knowledge of order fulfillment, processing shipments, and of course to learn more about the gardening world!
While we don't require candidates to have any gardening knowledge, however you've been warned that you may quickly become a wildflower enthusiast!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIRED SKILLS
This role requires you to be on your feet for most of the day, working at your individual workstation and moving throughout the warehouse.
Regularly required to:
- Lift, push and pull objects up to 25 lbs.
- Read order slips, select the accurate seed from around the warehouse, fill bags with hand scooper and weigh orders using an electronic scale.
- Communicate verbally with the team and hear instructions. We’re a collaborative group and we need everyone to be able to listen to instructions from the Manager, but we also love feedback and new ideas!
- Stand and walk on concrete surfaces. We recommend you wear comfortable shoes and something you don’t mind getting a little dirty.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation and support the team in cleaning entire warehouse at the end of each shift.
Frequently required to
- Lift, push and pull objects up to 50 lbs.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, bend and twist while carrying products to collect seed and refill bins.
- Warehouse setting with potential outdoor exposure during the workday.
- This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as hand pallet jack, box cutters, tape dispensers, and an electronic scale.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A fun-loving team of plant nerds who are looking to make the world a little better - one wildflower at a time.
- Discounts on all of our products because we want you to dig in and have the opportunity to grow a beautiful garden!
- Team Incentive program – based on hitting quarterly department goals & organizational quarterly and yearly financial goals. We share in our success and achievements with everyone who helps us get there!
- Employee Referral Program: earn $$$ for each person you refer to us (they must be hired for a role and work for the entire season).
This is a seasonal role and is not eligible for additional insurance benefits unless an employee is hired onto our year-round team.
If this seems like a place where you would like to contribute to our company mission and grow as an individual, while learning a bit about the gardening world, send a resume to our Staff Happiness Jedi.
Check out our career page for more job opportunities!
American Meadows is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 per hour
Our brand new warehouse has been set up to adhere to all safety guidelines as outlined by the CDC to allow for ample spacing and distancing. Staff are required to sanitize workstations and high touch-points. Masks are required at all times when working.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
All employees working at American Meadows must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Masks will be required if an indirect exposure to COVID-19 has occurred.
Staff will be required to get tested for COVID-19 if a direct exposure has occurred.