at Middlebury College in Middlebury, Vermont, United States
Assistant Ski Shop Manager
Posting Number: S01682
The Assistant Manager assists the Rental Retail Store Manager in the operation of a Rental Retail store. As a team, the manager and assistant manager are responsible for providing exceptional customer service and a positive, safe and productive work environment for store employees while striving to meet sales and profitability goals.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
The role of assistant store manager is to assist in leading sales, staff, rental and repair shop daily operations, and fleet maintenance functions of the store to attain maximum profitability, efficiency, and an outstanding guest experience!
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Generate sales, demonstrate, and maintain a professional standard of guest service.
- Assist Store Manager in maintaining a hardworking and professional standard of guest service.
- Assist in on-boarding and training of new employees in Rental operations, basic repair shop operations, POS, product knowledge, guest service, and sales
- Fulfill manager-on-duty responsibilities when scheduled
- Maintain and model high rental experience standards set forth by the Store and Area Manager
- Recruit and assist in maintaining a quality core staff.
- Evaluate sales trends and build methods for sales growth through rental upgrades.
- Manage inventory control and meet or exceed inventory goals
- Demonstrate and enforce company policies, guidelines, values, and ethics
- Coordinate company policies and guidelines.
- Enforce company cash handling policies and additional loss prevention policies and procedures
- Provide training resources in POS, product knowledge, guest service, resort information, and sales
- Maintain all company paperwork according to policies and procedures
- Communicate ideas or issues with the Store Manager
- Remain current on new industry products and trends, demonstrating knowledge of products
- Ensure all safety protocols are being observed at all times
- Be upbeat, motivated, and possess the ability to multi-task
- Is responsible for overseeing all preseason and post season processes (Oct. and April) such as preseason equipment inventory, testing, leasing, returns and tuning
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- English fluency, written and verbal
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with retail POS systems is preferred
- Minimum of one year of retail experience
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in the snow sport industry
- Experience in snow sport rental industry is preferred
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and regularly lift 25 pounds.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/25283
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency