at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Workforce Readiness Institute in Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States
Business Operations Analyst, Orthopaedics, Full Time
Lebanon, NH, USA
Post Date Sep 07, 2021
Requisition # 2100034P
Provides analytic expertise to system leadership to achieve operational goals with a focus on operational efficiency, finance, process improvement and workflow across all areas of service line ownership.
1. Collaborates with analysts across the system to ensure data integrity, accuracy and consistency of reporting and statistics. Provides analytical expertise by proactively identifying trends, patterns, gaps and insights in operational performance, staffing needs, productivity, to drive operational decision-making and align these to business strategies and outcomes.
2. Performs research by gathering data from a variety of sources (e.g. operational data, metrics, competitor information, feedback from business partners), creating accurate ad hoc and regular trend reports for departmental dashboards and status reports providing return on investment analysis and translating findings into financial terms to guide decisions within the department.
3. Leads the development and implementation of improvement efforts through team facilitation. Provides expertise in group processes, quality concepts and techniques; coaches team members in the use of tools and techniques; and develops resources for use by managers and teams to improve operational quality measures, and facilitate a continuous improvement culture throughout the department.
4. Serves as a general financial and technical resource for questions and information on financial data and statistics to operating departments to develop financial understanding and acumen across the team.
5. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, Finance, Business Administration or a closely related field with 5 years of systems experience, or the equivalent in education and experience required.
ü Master’s degree preferred.
ü Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in the concepts and applications of quality improvement required.
ü Experience applying continuous improvement methodologies to lead change or the equivalent in education or Lean Six Sigma certification required.
ü Prior project management experience is preferred.
ü Strong analytical problem solving skills with demonstrated skills to scope and analyze cross functional problems and generate/implement solutions.
ü Demonstrated research, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, and relationship management skills.
ü Solid knowledge of Excel and database navigation
ü Developing knowledge of available data sources, strengths and shortcomings.
ü Proficient with computer applications, including data entry software, word processors, process flow technology, and reporting platforms.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: