at Newport Health Care Center in Newport, Vermont, United States
1) Records all equipment temperatures.
2) Handles and prepares meals in palatable manner and an appetizing appearance in accordance to designated menus.
3) Serves plate meals from the scheduled menus.
4) Takes food temps and maintains proper serving sizes as required by regulations.
5) Prepares portions, and serves dietary food supplements as prescribed by Dietary Supervisor or Dietary Consultant.
6) Performs cleaning duties each shift and/or as needed. Clean and refill the steam tables and clean the stove top.
7) Maintains on-going liaison with nursing personnel.
8) Works under direct supervision of the Dietary Supervisor.
9) Preps selected foods ahead of time prior to cooking (removes meat from freezer, peel potatoes, etc…)
10) Washes dishes and assist with washing the cooking utensils.
11) All other tasks and prep work as needed in the Dietary department.