at MMIC in Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, United States
The Service Technician will report to the Director of Service to support the preventative maintenance program and the commissioning and decommissioning of mmic™ products. The Service Technician will be kept abreast of all the units, service required, and movement of units, spare parts and catalogs, sales support needs as required. They will be required to travel on either a scheduled or an emergency basis to support the customers’ or the sales team during trade shows and conferences to include:
- Equipment set up and breakdown
- Problem troubleshooting
- Emergency repair
- Permanent repair
- Preventive maintenance to a checklist.
- Evaluate, test, repair, and install equipment related to HVAC, electric, plumbing, hydraulic and med gas systems.
- Write detailed and accurate service logs and reports stating the nature of the job and what was done. In addition, write daily trip reports during all service engagements.
- Support manufacturing build for commercial and military product and engineering on said product including prototype product build and fit.
- Give input using the Problem Corrective and Preventative Reporting (PCPR) system to the improvement of the product as it pertains to serviceability, robustness, and cost efficiency during unit design, manufacturing, and deployment.
- Give support in development of a spares parts catalogue and setting up inventory requirements for such, to help maintain a spare parts and equipment inventory space(s) at the plant and other areas where needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To communicate with and give support to customers, both directly and over the phone/e-mail in the following areas: commissioning and decommissioning, preventative and corrective maintenance, application support, system modifications, and in-service training. Teach Support Technicians how to appropriately do the above tasks.
- Able to travel to our units, primarily to domestic and North American customers.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance to units in the field.
- Adhere to safety standards and company policies.
- Accurately and in a timely manner complete all paperwork associated with trips
- Effectively and professionally communicate verbally and in writing to supervisors and customers; job status, progress and/or problems and concerns.
- Work with fellow employees as a support service in engineering and manufacturing for upgrades, design changes or issues and customer feedback of all products.
- Manage and work with sub-contractors, engineers, architects, and facility maintenance personnel.