at Stella-Jones Corporation in Winslow, Indiana, United States
Stella-Jones is North America’s leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever-expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Stella-Jones is looking for a Regional Sales Manager for the Railway Tie Division, to manage a sales territory in the Northeast region and exports while executing day to day sales activities as applicable to those accounts.
- Analyzes customer/competition situations and generates specific plans that will achieve objectives.
- Maintains an active role in understanding the regional market pricing, and competitive outlook.
- Continually strives to identify and capture lower cost, higher service, options to meet customer needs
- Understands the leverage of volume as well as price increase strategy.
- Maintains an active reporting procedure in accordance with Departmental and company needs.
- Develops a Business Plan for area of responsibility that is consistent with short-range and long-range company objectives.
- Maintains a sales forecasting capability which will in the short-term make possible efficient scheduling, provide superior customer service, and control inventory and in the long-term, provide information for business planning, resource planning and budgeting.
- Keeps well informed on industry changes, participates where possible in organizations directly involved with our prime markets, and continually works to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of regular workweek
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years of outside sales to industrial customers preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese preferred.
- Knowledge of railroad products and crosstie manufacturing processes preferred.
- Demonstrated success with working in collaborative and team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Click to apply and start the process to join the Stella-Jones team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
3818 S County Road 50 E
Winslow, Indiana 47598