at AMETEK, Inc. in Keene, New Hampshire, United States
Field Service Engineer
+ Job ID: 19218
+ Functional Area: Product Services
+ Position Type: Full-Time Regular
+ Experience Required: 3 – 5 Years
+ Hours of Work: 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM Daily
+ Location: US – New Hampshire – Keene
+ Division: MMA – Ultra Precision Technology
+ Education Required: Associates Degree
+ Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
+ Travel Percentage: 70.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply NowPosition Description: In this highly visible role, the Field Service Engineer will serve as a liaison between the customer and the company on technical service issues with responsibilities to include: machine buy-off, installation and training, troubleshooting of mechanical and electronic equipment both on-site and remotely, and associated telephone support. Many of these duties will be conducted in the field at the customer’s location. This position will also work with Engineering to design, document, and implement aftermarket machine retrofits in the field. Position Requirements: SPECIFIC DUTIES:
• Testing, troubleshooting, servicing and repairing of ultra-precision machines and metrology systems in the field as well as within Precitech’s facility.
• Working with Engineering, to provide technical service documentation, bulletins and manuals.
• Coordinating and performing machine installations and training.
• Coordinating and performing formal customer acceptance of Precitech’s equipment.
• Complete machine set-up and standard part cutting for Precitech’s entire product line.
• Conduct telephone and e-mail support.
• Prepare quotations for both paid service and spare parts.
• Maintain the Field Service area in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Maintain the customer database with accurate information.
- Engineering of aftermarket machine retrofits.
• Other duties as they may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Precitech’s primary goal is to acquire talent that is both accountable and flexible.
1. Associates degree (Bachelor’s Preferred) in Engineering or Electronics with proven experience working with complex electro-mechanical capital equipment.
2. Familiarity with motion controls, DC servo systems, programmable logic controllers, personal computers, and rudimentary networking.
3. Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems with ability to follow schematics.
4. Knowledge of material removal machine tools; tool set-up, part programming, basic machine operation is a plus.
5. Detail orientated, highly motivated team player capable of working with little direct supervision.
6. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
7. Strong troubleshooting skills
8. Superior customer relation skills and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
9. Must have good organizational skills, to plan and coordinate work scope, equipment logistics, and customer site requirements to allow for effective equipment installation and servicing.
10. Must be willing to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally, for machine installations, service or repair work.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keene, New Hampshire 03435