at Veterans Inc in Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Veterans Inc., the largest provider of services to veterans and their families throughout New England, is looking for a professional, highly motivated, goal-oriented, skilled, and hardworking individual to fill the Employment & Training Specialist position and become a valued member of Veterans Inc. team!
The Employment & Training Specialist is responsible for client assessments, career/employment training, career/employment counseling and advocacy, outreach for homeless/at-risk veterans, attending networking events and career/employment fairs, and establishing/maintaining positive professional relationships with local employers.
This individual would be based out of our Worcester, MA office. This position will spend an average of 3 days per week performing outreach duties in the following catchment area, Norfolk and Middlesex Counties
This is a full-time position with full benefits (health, dental, vision, 403B, paid time off, short/long term disability and life insurance, etc.)
Must be able to pass a CORI and background investigation. Must be able to start within two weeks of receiving a job offer.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization! Veterans highly encouraged to apply!
Please, no recruiters!
- Performs initial intake and assessments of all veterans for acceptance into Veterans Inc. programs.
- Develops individualized service plans based on veterans input, interests, and needs. Coordinates veterans' participation in the agency programs.
- Assists veterans with researching and accessing needed services including VA benefits, employment training/placement , educational support, counseling, housing, medical services and other public benefits such as health care services, daily living services, personal financial planning services, transportation, fiduciary and payee services, legal services, child care, housing counseling services, and temporary financial assistance.
- Tracks and reports case management progress through case notes and conferences with Regional Manager and coordinates with all funding sources.
- Completes record keeping/documentation responsibilities and compiles data for monthly reporting into the agency database.
- Conducts outreach activities to market Veterans Inc. programs and engage new referral sources.
- Understands all Department of Labor's (DOL) Homeless Veterans' Reintegration Program (HVRP) functions and initiatives.
- Understands the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) functions and initiatives.
- Actively markets and recruits to a variety of community groups.
- Assists veterans in developing individual training plans that will fit their specific needs and skills to update, or retrain, for the current labor market; develops and maintains strong and collaborative working relationships with employers, careers centers, veterans services agencies, etc. to provide a smooth transition for veterans being reintegrated into the workforce.
- Organizes and presents job readiness workshops and develops other support services (interviews skills, resume writing, etc.) tailored to meet the unique needs of veterans.
- Creates and maintains information on the various retraining options available for veterans.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to follow Agency policies and procedures;
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to veterans-related needs and issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with veteran population.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to follow verbal and written communication;
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality and respect privacy.
- Ability to market Veterans Inc. programs to the community and veteran clients to potential employers;
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to changing situations, meet deadlines, and work under pressure;
- Ability to resolve problems within scope of responsibilities;
- Ability to exhibit excellent organizational and case management skills;
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with veterans an staff;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative when appropriate;
- Knowledge of and ability to use a computer, the internet and work in a windows software environment using Microsoft office;
- Ability to maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Experience managing others, competing deadlines, gathering and analyzing data, and report writing.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Social Work or other related field required.
- Minimum of two years' experience in Employment Training, Vocational Rehabilitation, Recruitment, Counseling, Outreach/and or Services to the Homeless, or related field, is required.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Microsoft Office Specialist certification or teaching credentials including: A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, and Project+, not required, but highly beneficial.
- Client Focus
- Human Resources Capacity
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Verbal & Written communication
- Confidential interactions
- Driving: Frequently - Must have valid driver's license and own personal, reliable transportation.
- Sitting: Frequency - Occasionally
- Standing: Frequency - Occasionally
- Lifting: 15 lbs., Frequency: Occasionally
- Carrying 15, Frequency: Occasionally
- Office: Frequency Often
- Outside: Frequency Occasionally
- Worker is not substantially exposed to adverse or hazardous environment conditions.
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact email@example.com. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
https://veteransinc.applicantpool.com/jobs/570883-14015.html To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account