at Veterans Inc in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, United States
Are you motivated by knowing you've made a difference in someone's life and in our community? Do you have passion for helping those in substance abuse recovery? If you answered yes, then you may have what it takes to be part of the Veterans Inc. team!
Veterans Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit, is the largest provider of supportive services to veterans and their families across New England. We are looking for a professional, highly motivated, goal oriented, skilled, and hardworking individual to fill the role of a the Recovery Specialist position and become a valued member of the Veterans Inc. team!
At Independence Hall we provide client-centered care and recovery-oriented treatment within a therapeutic environment. We are looking for innovative staff for our substance abuse treatment programs which is open to both veterans and the community.
The primary goal of this position is to relief support to the Substance Abuse treatment program and help ensure that the major objectives of treatment are attained. The position provides guidance and counseling support as needed by overseeing and accompanying the patient in various program activities to ensure conformance with program schedules, milieu standards, program activities and policies.
We are hiring for both part- time (weekend 16 hours) and full-time (40 hours weekday)!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patients' substance abuse/mental health history and current needs as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Works with the patient and treatment team to develop substance abuse treatment goals and interventions.
- Provides support, resources, education and both internal and external referrals for services.
- Works with community agencies along with and/or on behalf of patients and families.
- Provides feedback about treatment planning development based on their interactions with other consumers and families.
- Oversees client activities to ensure compliance with program activities and agency policies. Provides guidance as needed.
- Provides crisis intervention and emergency services as needed. Telephones supervisor for guidance and/or in emergency situations.
- Facilitates psychoeducational client groups as needed.
- Completes program specific forms and required documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintains audit ready patient records according to Veterans Inc. policy and procedure.
- Attends and participates in all meetings as required.
- Completes individually assigned program specific duties and/or responsibilities as assigned.
- Facilitates group activities such as yoga, art therapy, and meditation based on experience.
The successful candidate will posses:
- Minimum of high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Experience or education in substance abuse treatment and mental health disorders required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI/Background records check.
- Two + years of experience working in substance abuse treatment/mental health disorders is preferred.
- Associates degree, LADCII or LADC Assistant highly preferred.
- Yoga instruction, art therapy, or meditation training strongly preferred.
- MAP, Narcan or CPI training and certifications strongly preferred.
- Must be in successful recovery for two or more years, if applicable.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization! Veterans highly encouraged to apply!
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.