at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Workforce Readiness Institute in Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States
EKG Technician, Per Diem
Lebanon, NH, USA
Post Date Apr 19, 2021
Requisition # 210000HI
Conducts electrocardiogram (EKG) procedures on in- and outpatients and performs Holter monitor and Zio monitor hook-ups. Prepares paperwork for physician reading, inputs edits, and completes billing documents.
1. Conducts routine and stat electrocardiograms, following procedures applicable to the particular nursing unit/patient. Responds to emergency codes.
2. Explains procedures to patients. Performs proper lead placement and using nursing arrhythmias, notifies nurse of any abnormality.
3. Transfers disc containing the EKGs to the EKG management system.
4. Prepares the tracings for over-reading by a cardiologist.
5. Inputs edits made by physician and completes all charge documents.
6. Maintains the cleanliness of carts and ensures adequate levels of supplies are available.
7. Explains the Holter monitoring procedure and provide patient with the diary, etc. Places leads for Holter monitoring and explains the 24/48 hour requirement.
8. Provides support during codes.
9. Successfully completes required on-the-job training in specific procedures.
10. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
? High school graduate with one (1) year of previous hospital-related experience required.
? Previous patient related experience and/or special courses in anatomy and physiology preferred.
? Stays current in knowledge of appropriate lead placement and arrhythmias.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
? BLS required.