at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Workforce Readiness Institute in Lebanon, New Hampshire, United States
Registration Representative (Full time, Part time and PRN) General Ambulatory Services – All Shifts available
Lebanon, NH, USA
Post Date May 27, 2021
Requisition # 2100017G
Performs tasks associated with registering a patient including demographic and insurance updates, discussing and collecting patient balances, and directing patients. Responsibilities: A listing of thekeyresponsibilities
1. Performs a variety of customer service functions, including greeting patients, providing directions, and answering phone calls.
2. Obtains and documents demographic and insurance information, obtaining any necessary signatures.
3. Registers patients into the computer system, conducts verifications, and collects co-payments, residuals and/or prior balances.
4. Educates and discusses invoice details with patients.
5. Identifies accounts which need to be rebilled to insurance.
6. Reconciles cash drawer to receipts daily for payments received via cash, check, and credit card.
7. Creates reports and work lists including TES edits, hold bills, referring physician, and guarantor report.
8. Copies, collates, distributes, and mails reports.
9. Maintains adequate stock of supplies, brochures, and forms.
10. Verifies insurance information using approved government, managed care, and commercial databases.
11. Schedules appointments for outside lab orders and internal clinical orders.
12. Communicates with internal departments to request lab appointments or orders when they are missing.
13. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
+ High school graduate with 2 years of experience or the equivalent required.
+ Previous experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
+ Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
+ Familiarity with computers is required.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
NoneTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account