at Casella Waste Systems in Williston, Vermont, United States
The CDL Truck Driver will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of rear load, front load, side load, and roll off trucks, while providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers on designated routes. The Driver safely maneuvers assigned vehicle in residential or commercial environments; navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots and provides excellent customer service. The driver must have the ability to make positive contributions to their surrounding communities on behalf of Casella.
New Starting Pay Rate for Qualified Candidates!
Drivers at Casella participate in a Career Pathways Program that offers exceptional Advancement Opportunity, Regular Merit Increases, and Safety Bonus Incentives.Key Responsibilities
- Performs pre/post trip inspections of assigned vehicle in accordance with Casella safety standards as well as state and federal regulations; maintains appearance of truck in accordance with company standards.
- Exhibits dedication to performing safe operation of rear load, front load, side load, roll off trucks on streets, highways, customer sites, and construction sites.
- Provides a distinguishably different level of service through courteous interactions with all customers and provides service in a timely manner.
- Exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
- Completes all assigned company and federally mandated paperwork accurately.
- Empties all receptacles Cleans area around accidental waste spills.
- Completes assigned route sheet for one Line of Business (LOB).
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs and meetings as required by Casella or Manager.
- Notifies Dispatch of any service interruptions, incidents, accidents, property damage, or unsafe situations; exhibits an ability to be observant and aware of all surroundings at all times.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.