at Casella Waste Systems in Williston, Vermont, United States
The CDL Driver Apprentice will obtain a Commercial Driving Permit and complete the Federally required CDL instruction and training to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle providing service to customers in their respective Line of Business (LOB) while working alongside a knowledgeable Casella Waste Driver Trainer. The incumbent will continue in the apprentice role until all training requirements are completed and they have passed the CDL licensing exam and road test. Service areas include Burlington, South Burlington, Williston, Essex Junction, Georgia, Milton, St. Albans and Colchester VT markets.
Are you ready to begin your career as a Casella Driver and commit to the successful completion of a CDL program? Casella will cover all costs associated with the training program and provide you an onboarding and cultural experience at our Home Office in Rutland, VT, where the company was founded in 1975!
Drivers at Casella participate in a Career Pathways Program that offers exceptional Advancement Opportunity, Regular Merit Increases, and Safety Bonus Incentives.
• Performs pre/post trip inspections of assigned vehicle in accordance with Casella safety standards as well as state and federal regulations; ensures all safety equipment and devices are operational and secured properly in vehicle; maintains appearance of truck in accordance with company standards.
• Performs and exhibits dedication to safe operation of roll rear load, front load, side load, roll off trucks on streets, highways, customer sites, and construction sites.
• Provides a distinguishably different level of service through courteous interactions with all customers and provides service in a timely manner; exhibits a positive attitude towards company, customer and municipal goals.
• Follows route assignments and completes end of day documentation; completes all assigned company and federally mandated paperwork accurately.
• Completes assigned route sheet for one Line of Business (LOB); empties all receptacles, places bins serviced at any location back where they were picked up in the upright position and cleans area around accidental waste spills.
• Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs and meetings as required by Casella or Manager.
• Notifies Dispatch immediately of any customer requests, service interruptions, incidents, accidents, property damage, or unsafe situations.
• Always exhibits an ability to be observant and aware of surroundings and is mindful of all laborers on the truck and demonstrates an ability to use problem solving skills.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED, must be at least 18 years of age, hold a state issued standard CDL Driver’s Class B permit with air brake endorsement or has the ability to get one within 6 months and must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The physical ability to handle objects more than 75lbs is expected frequently throughout the day and work under many different weather conditions is expected.
This position requires successful completion of pre-employment testing, including a drug screen.
Positive, team-oriented individual who is disciplined, dependable, determined, focused on delivering excellent customer service, and is open to personal and professional training and development.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible Spending Accounts, Discounted Stock Program, 401K, Boot & Clothing Allowance, Safety Awards, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Incentive, Tuition Assistance, Career Pathways, and More.
Benefits & Rewards
Want easy-to-use, rewarding benefits? Well, we’ve got those! Our employee rewards program is designed to help you in your career, and in your life outside of Casella. From competitive wages to comprehensive medical plans to employee stock purchase and retirement savings options, learn about all the ways we reward you.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.
To Apply: visit https://www.casella.com/careers
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account