at Casella Waste Systems in Rutland, Vermont, United States
The Billing Supervisor leads the billing team in daily tasks including invoicing, reporting and associated billing processes; organizes, assigns, and manages billing processes for the team while maintaining a productive work environment. The supervisor assists in hiring, training, and reviewing individuals on the billing team.Key Responsibilities
- Directs tasks and assigns projects to employees in order to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
- Prepares billing information and develops steps for ensuring an accurate and efficient billing system.
- Researches and reports detailed notes to management regarding corrective action.
- Maintains relationships with accounts receivable, accounting, and collections in regard to different accounts and how to best manage them.
- Trains and oversees all employees and functions to maintain an efficient billing department.
- Creates protocol and policies for assessing accounts in order to help clients and customers with billing issues.
- Distributes operational and billing reports to management to assist with finances.
- Guides employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies to encourage company growth.
- Manages and provides leadership to team members by effectively communicating, establishing clear goals and objectives, coaching team members on achieving goals, and ensuring access to training and development opportunities that assist employees in attaining the necessary skills to achieve team and corporate results.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales, and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
- Ensures compliance with all company, state, and federal policies, regulations, and laws regarding employment and employee safety.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field, 3-5 years of business experience with increasing responsibilities, an ability to work with specific monthly timelines related to billing cycles, and be legally eligible to work in the US. An advanced degree in accounting or finance related degree and direct experience with billing, data entry, and accounts payable are preferred.
Outstanding relationship management skills, excellent listening and communication, and problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal, written, analytical, and formal presentation skills are required. A demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, an ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and a thorough knowledge and understanding of billing transitions and processes are expected. A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment is needed.Attributes
Positive, team-oriented individual who is curious, detail-oriented, is able to develop and mentor others, organized, and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible Spending Accounts, Discounted Stock Program, 401K, Employee Awards, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Incentive, Tuition Assistance, Career Pathways, and More.Benefits & Rewards
Want easy-to-use, rewarding benefits? Well, we’ve got those! Our employee rewards program is designed to help you in your career, and in your life outside of Casella. From competitive wages to comprehensive medical plans to employee stock purchase and retirement savings options, learn about all the ways we reward you.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.
To apply visit https://www.casella.com/careersTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account