at Casella Waste Systems in Rutland, Vermont, United States
The Special Waste Manager is responsible for the technical review of waste characterization profile information and confirming accuracy of applicable analytical data. The incumbent will determine if a waste is acceptable at the proposed disposal facility based on regulations, facility permits and proposed management method. This role protects our disposal facilities environmental integrity, ensure compliance with regulations, and enforce corporate special waste acceptance polices, while maximizing efficiencies and responsiveness for our clients.Key Responsibilities
- Develops a thorough understanding of Special Waste departmental processes and procedures to provide timely communications, reports, and additional research as required.
- Engages customers to gain a clear understanding of issues presented and manages the communication process with customers ensuring clear, concise information is provided addressing all questions or concerns.
- Reviews all submitted special waste documents and laboratory reports to ensure accuracy and completeness against regulations and landfill permits.
- Responds efficiently and precisely to customer correspondence, including calls and emails, to ensure Casella customers feel supported and valued.
- Collaborates with other members of the Special Waste team to collect all necessary information from customers, assess appropriate disposal options and prepare approval for communication across the company.
- Communicates waste acceptance needs or risks with sales, landfill operations and environmental staff prior to approval.
- Develops guidelines for specific waste streams as needed to improve process.
- Reviews and is responsible for issuance of all waste approvals according to best practices, policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains information in a database ensuring all data is complete and accurate and provides research, reports, and other statistical analyses as requested.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline special waste process tools and develop an implementation plan.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales, and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, Engineering, or another related field and 4-8 years of work experience in solid waste or related environmental industry. The incumbent must have a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment. A valid driver's license and the ability to travel between regional company offices throughout the Northeast are required.
Strong commitment to workplace safety, sustainability, and environmental compliance, along with a solid understanding of environmental laws and regulations, are necessary. Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills combined with highly developed communication and interpersonal skills are required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is needed.Attributes
Analytically minded, passionate, team-oriented individual who possesses the critical combination of precise attention to detail with an ability to see the larger picture. Outstanding problem-solving skills, adaptability, and data collection and presentation skills combined with the ability to work comfortably with others is necessary.Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible Spending Accounts, Discounted Stock Program, 401K, Employee Awards, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Incentive, Tuition Assistance, Career Pathways, and More.Benefits & Rewards
Want easy-to-use, rewarding benefits? Well, we’ve got those! Our employee rewards program is designed to help you in your career, and in your life outside of Casella. From competitive wages to comprehensive medical plans to employee stock purchase and retirement savings options, learn about all the ways we reward you.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.
To apply visit https://www.casella.com/careersTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account