at Casella Waste Systems in Williston, Vermont, United States
The Dispatcher communicates with drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial, and roll-off services, coordinates the utilization of drivers, trucks, and containers to create capacity, maximize productivity and ensure prompt, courteous and efficient service for all customers.Key Responsibilities
- Dispatches drivers to calls as they are received, using information on customer needs, drivers’ locations and loads, and daily factors to balance cost and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures maximum productivity by achieving or exceeding Company-established goals by successfully routing vehicles.
- Assigns routes and service to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day; manages and determines route actions and assuring route completion.
- Handles incoming calls and emails from customer service and sales department and manages requests for all pick-up or delivery on any container movement within the area.
- Initiates communication to customers while drivers are on-site/location, resolves pick-up and other issues delaying the service.
- Updates and informs Customer Care of any service delays in order to keep customers notified.
- Prepares, updates and dispenses daily route schedules. Gathers and maintains route sheet documentation for pick-ups (scheduled, missed, extra pick ups), route completions and driver locations.
- Reports driver performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
The successful candidate will have a high school diploma or GED, be legally eligible to work in the US, and have a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment. It is preferred that the candidate has some previous dispatch experience.
High attention to detail, excellent multi-tasking skills, excellent listening, communication and problem solving skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to prioritize are required.Attributes
Confident, team-oriented individual who is attentive to detail, and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on providing excellent customer service.Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible Spending Accounts, Discounted Stock Program, 401K, Employee Awards, Employee Assistance Plan, Wellness Incentive, Tuition Assistance, Career Pathways, and More.Benefits & Rewards
Want easy-to-use, rewarding benefits? Well, we’ve got those! Our employee rewards program is designed to help you in your career, and in your life outside of Casella. From competitive wages to comprehensive medical plans to employee stock purchase and retirement savings options, learn about all the ways we reward you.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.
To apply visit https://www.casella.com/careersTo view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account