at Hannaford in South Burlington, Vermont, United States
Address: USA-VT-South Burlington-935 Shelburne Road Store Code: Store 08448 Bakery (7250580)
Hannaford Supermarkets started out as a fresh produce vendor in Portland, Maine way back in 1883, and is still connected to those early roots as a local market. Hannaford actively seeks out farmers and producers to join our Local program which celebrates not only local foods, but the preservation of farmland, local traditions and local jobs. The connection we have to the source of our fresh foods is core to the way we do business, becoming the first major supermarket in the United States to document that all its seafood products were sustainably harvested.
Effectively assist in the management of department operations to meet financial and sales goals. Build associate and customer relations and promote a strong in support of Hannaford Strategy.
- A high school graduate or equivalent preferred. – Strong understanding of store operations and merchandising techniques preferred. – Effective communication, customer service, and selling skills. – Must have effective interpersonal and organizational skills. – Desire and ability to lead and manage a team. – Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job. – Strong problem-solving skills. – Must meet minimum age requirements.
- Ability to use computers and other communication systems required to perform the job functions- Stand and walk 100% of the time.- Lift up to 30 lbs. 40% of the time and up to 40 lbs. occasionally.- Reach to Shoulder level or overhead on occasion while lifting 20 lbs.- Frequent bending, reaching, grasping, and lifting items at or above waist level.- Tolerate working in extreme hot/cold temperatures for up to 20 minutes at a time.
- Use hands to operate controls, feel objects and use variance appliances and tools to open and prepare products.- Handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials, and food products.- Meet volume activity standards established for the department.
- In the absence of the department manager, manage the department operations in accordance with established department standard practices.- Role model outstanding, friendly customer service and use skills and knowledge to offer solutions that meet or exceed customers’ expectations.- Assist in growing sales through effective merchandising strategies.- Assist in hiring, training and developing associates to meet the department needs.
- Assist in managing performance through planning, coaching and disciplinary efforts.- Ensure that department conditions involving department appearance, quality, variety, safety, and food safety are consistently maintained at the highest level.- Maintain effective work schedules to meet production and customer service standards as well as associates’ personal needs.- Actively recognize associates who deliver great service and coach associates to expectations when necessary.- Understand and use company tools such as; financial reports, scheduling, productivity, ordering, and business information systems.- Maintain accurate records of production, shrink, sales, and inventory.- Assist in communicating department and company policies to associates.- Perform various department functions as needed to meet production and customer service guidelines.- Assist in special projects.- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.- Receive, store, process and merchandise all products in accordance with established department guidelines.
Salary range is between $18.95 – $27.25 Hrly
Hannaford provides equal opportunity in employment to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), age, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Requisition: 338919_external_USA-VT-South-Burlington_11122023