at Dennis Newton Electrical,Refrigeration and A.C. in Middlebury, Vermont, United States
This position would serve on site at various locations, installing and servicing heat pumps and generators in area homes and businesses. Travel (in company van) is mostly confined to Addison County but does occasionally serve customers outside of that boundary. The pay rate starts at $18 an hour, commensurate with experience.
The ideal candidate is someone who has completed the electrical apprenticeship program in the state of Vermont and has either a journeyman or master's electrical license. This position will be working in various environments as part of a 2-4 person crew. This person would be collaborative in a team-setting, and an open and willing communicator with customers and co-workers alike.
Responsibilities would include being present and on time Monday-Friday from 7:30 am-4 pm. Communicating job details and expectations with customers, implementing installation plans, troubleshooting inoperable equipment, directing and leading assistants with various tasks to ensure a completed project to company standards.
- Working with co-workers to determine most efficient work-flows.
- Keeping accurate time and material records.
- Maintain confidentiality for customer and company information.
- Maintain tools and equipment for installation and service.
- Keeping work areas (vans, shop and storage areas) organized and clean
- Maintain a professional and courteous approach with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work while standing, squatting and kneeling several times an hour.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Have a valid driver's license.