at Master Plumbing & Heating in Ludlow, Vermont, United States
Master Plumbing & Heating supports residential and commercial clients in preventative
maintenance, installation, and repair services for plumbing, heating ventilation, air
conditioning, and control (HVAC) units. Under the direction of a Licensed Master
Plumber, the Apprentice Plumber assists in maintaining plumbing systems, identifying
repair or replacement needs, providing necessary information on the proper uses of
equipment, and ensuring adequate materials are available to complete assignments.
Additionally, the Apprentice Plumber functions as an on-the-job trainee working
towards achieving their Master Plumber License.
• Assists with diagnosing problems and/or failures in plumbing systems.
• Assists with installing various domestic water and vacuum systems.
• Documents activities for the purpose of providing written support.
• Assists in repairing various systems or components to include toilets, sinks,
vents, faucets, water softeners, garbage disposals, sewer lines, vacuum breakers,
hot water heaters, etc.
• Assists with repair of pipes, ensuring items are functional and in safe working
• Requests equipment and supplies to maintain inventory and ensure availability
• Tests for leaks in new and repaired systems with compressed air and/or water.
• Assists with measuring, cutting, threading, bending, reaming, and installing pipe
and pipe fittings.
• Assembles pipe sections, tubing, or fittings.
• Assists in locating and marking position of pipe installations, connections,
passage holes, or fixtures in structures.
• Maintains a properly clean and stocked service vehicle.
• Attends weekly departmental meetings.
• Participates in periodic inventory and truck inspections.
• Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and uses all tools in a safetyconscious
• Explains to the client each service performed each time a maintenance or repair
is completed and ensures complete customer satisfaction.
• Provides pricing to the customer for approval prior to performing any work.
• Participates in all company-sponsored training classes.
• Always maintains a professional image by:
o Wearing only company-approved and provided company apparel.
o Following safety policies and procedures.
o Abiding by all company standards of performance and code of ethics.
o Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
o Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both
inside and out.
o Respecting the customer’s property.
• GED or High School Diploma.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
• Journeyman Plumber License.
• Enrollment in Plumber Apprentice Program.
• Organized & Reliable.
• Willing to Travel to Job Sites.
• Good Overall Health: Able to Work in Field Service Conditions.
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM; On-Call Shifts.
Driver's license required
Apply in person at 126 Main St, Unit D Ludlow, VT 05149 or send resume to email@example.com
About Master Plumbing & Heating:
Master Plumbing & Heating is a plumbing and HVAC company comprised of a team of
skilled technicians that serve as long tenured experts in our craft for a variety of
customers in Okemo Valley region.
While at the forefront of the mechanical industry since 1988, Master Plumbing &
Heating has a well-documented track record of integrity, service and excellence. We
primarily service customers within a 15-mile radius of Ludlow, Vermont. To do this, we
have drawn from our extensive experience, which includes over 175 years of service in
Master Plumbing & Heating was founded in 1988, acquired under new management in
2023, and is headquartered in Ludlow, VT.