at Howard Center in Burlington, Vermont, United States
"We value the many contributions of our staff, and we recognize that every person, every job, contributes to the well-being of the children, adults, and families we serve. I hope you will consider joining one of our many teams to make a difference in the lives of so many of our neighbors and community members."
-Bob Bick, Chief Executive Officer
Click the link below to learn how Howard Center helps change lives:
Administrative Coordinator (Non-Exempt)
Provide administrative, operational, and technical support to agency programs or departments to maintain effective and efficient operations. Collaborate within and outside assigned programs, often in roles of process leaders and liaisons to internal and external partners.
This Admin Coordinator position supports the Information Management department with critical responsibilities including coordinating compliances processes, participating in Privacy & Security audits and coordinating Howard Center's grievance & appeal procedure.
- Ensure program or business unit operations comply with organizational policies and procedures
- Office management and other duties as assigned, (data entry, database management, reception coverage, order supplies, financial operations)
- Assist staff with electronic health records, new client registration, audits, AV support, and basic technology troubleshooting
- Support clients by providing interpreter access, patient financial services, program orientation, lab services, and reminder calls
- Provide support for meetings, trainings, events, related technical logistics coordination, and participates in or contributes to special projects as assigned
- At least two years of administrative experience
- A valid driver's license and use of a personal vehicle
- Starting at $24.43 an hour
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate to experience
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 16 hours or more
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with 80% agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families (pro-rated for part time). This Point of Service Plan features no deductible.
- Two Dental options through Delta Dental
- Vision Insurance
- Employer 401(k) contributions
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long-Term insurance
- Medical & Childcare Flexible Spending Account
- Childcare Stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
- Employee referral and sign on bonus is subject to Howard Center policy, for both internal and external applicants.
Our Values: Clients are at the heart of our decision making. We are committed to individual and collective well-being and success. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are steadfast in our practice and pursuit of excellence.
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.